A "Money-Back" Guarantee Says A Lot More Than You Think

 It's not a new tactic at all and you see it everywhere. The old "satisfied or your money-back" guarantee is recognized in newspapers, commercials, information marketers and everywhere in between. Even though this philosophy is readily adopted by the biggest names in different areas of commerce, it is one that I will not subscribe to simply because of what it says in my line of work and while it may seem like sheer arrogance to go against a model that apparently works, I do have my reasons.



It's a way to get a client to pony up some dough.


I never really paid attention when I saw this model in the old media, but it got my attention when I switched my talents and interests in information marketing and services. The "money-back guarantee" is designed for one thing and one thing only, to get a client past the fear of spending their money on your product or service. By offering this, the client is guaranteed to have free reign with your products and if they're not satisfied, then whala, money returned and all is well.


This selling point is a twist on what customers have been used to doing and that is making sure they get what they paid for. In the old days, if a business gave you a poor quality product, you could take it back and exchange it or get a refund. The basis for getting your money-back with this original model was to ensure the customer has an equal exchange (money = quality of goods). Now, the "money-back guarantee" is geared for a more emotional satisfaction that basically adopts the idea that no matter what the quality of my product / service, you will be emotionally satisfied, thus the new equation of money = happiness.


This widely accepted model, especially within the information marketers is, in my opinion, a slap in the face of what used to be and what truly worked for the betterment of both sides, the business and the customer glycerin pack for skin whitening.


A money-back guarantee says a lot, but not what you may think. So, what does this say? What is the hidden message that's got my shorts in a bunch? Basically the message is subtle and simple and it's this, I don't believe in you. I don't think you've got what it takes.


Let's address the first of my reasons...I don't believe in you.


Let's say that you were to come to me wanting to set up an online marketing campaign. We have our complementary consultation call and then we decide to go ahead with a plan that will require you spend some money, but I put the "30 days or your money-back" ending to my sales pitch. From the side of the customer, they get the impression that everything is safe...no worries, but what it's really saying is I, bald business owner, don't believe that you will be able to complete the tasks ahead, that I don't believe in your idea or that I don't believe you have the intelligence to pull it off, so I'm providing you with a "wimp clause."


Now, let's examine, with the "wimp clause" in place, how I don't believe in you.


Going into your own business takes commitment and a ton of it and the "wimp clause" tells you that "hey, it's OK if you wimp out, cause I never believed that you had it in you to begin with."


Basically, anyone that comes to an expert should only expect these three things.


Encouragement, when needed, as well as a kick-in-the-butt.

Information

The truth, which is, it's gonna take a lot of work to succeed and if you're not up to it, then don't start.

Starting a business takes time, money, self-education, working smarter, not harder and patience. If you want to have a no-risk investment with that "money-back guarantee" blanket giving you a false sense of warmth and security, then try fantasy land, 'cause risk, and the possibility of failure is part of the real world.


After being fired from my job of over 5 years and at the height of the bad economy, I said "enough is enough!" I started on my consulting career that very same day...two days before my birthday, I might add. I vowed to myself, "I will never work outside my talents again and I want to empower people to take charge of their money and business" and out of that came Desire a Difference.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influencer Site list

Best Saving Plan | Post Office Saving Schemes

Most Look this page